Aunt Geri's Shepherds Pie

1 pound ground beef
1 can green beans, drained
1 can tomato soup
Leftover mashed potatoes
Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef (cook with onions if desired). Add green beans and tomato soup. Place in 8x8 baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes or instant ones (Fake M.M.P.'s as Brooke, Bean and I used to call them while eating them for breakfast before the bus came). Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.

I grew up close to one of my Aunt's, Geri. I have a distinct memory of her having us over for a sleepover one night. She made us this meal. I probably was 7 or 8 at the time. It's amazing what memories stick with us when we are older. I really like the taste of this meal, but love the memory and comfort associated with it.